In a violent, selfish world
You mask yourself with roughness.
"I'm power. I'm the Kingdom.
I'm the ruler. Bend the knee."
The crown is yours
And you never take it.
As you should.
It's rightfully yours.
I'm here to please,
to obey and be grateful.
My place is right here,
And I'll never forget it.
"I'm your Lord. Kiss my feet,"
But I know you're so much more.
You're the first to raise your sword.
To fight for your beliefs.
My blood is only the ink
To the pen that it is your voice.
All these men, full of hatred,
And you so full of something else.
They can't corrupt you.
You're the justice.
One eye to punish,
One hand to catch me.
Behind your heaviness
There is a soft soul.
Yours, my King.
I am but a scribe.
My words are elegance,
But your thoughts are Saint.
Poets and writers
Wish to be you.
Because true art
Rhymes with your name.
Sem comentários:
Enviar um comentário